I recently came across an article from last year that is worth sharing. It describes “8 Fascinating Things We Learned About the Mind in 2015” written by Carolyn Gregoire. While a couple of items would certainly constitute “no-brainers,” several of them are quite startling.
1. Smartphones are wildly distracting (constantly looking at a screen is detrimental).
2. Psychedelics may be the next big thing in mental health care (there is a renaissance in psychedelic research for psychiatric purposes).
3. Pollution is worse for the brain than we realized (exposure to air pollution is associated with neurodegenerative diseases.)
4. The brain and immune system are actually linked (there is a direct connection between the brain and the body's immune system)
5. Erasing memories could be the future of addiction treatment (mind hacking can help with permanent memory erasure)
6. Nature does the mind good (there are mental health benefits to spending time outdoors)
7. To boost your mood, boost your bacteria (increasing healthy bacteria in the stomach can improve health)
8. Good sleep is critical to a healthy emotional life (healthy amounts of sleep can improve emotional intelligence).
For more details on these discoveries, see the website below.